Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is This Semiconductor Componet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruhthakuga

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is this component and what values does it have so I can replace it? It's been twenty for years since basic electronics so I am a bit "Un Rusty". I have a car laptop adapter that converts from 12vdc to 20vdc that went out on me so I opened it up and this component was burnt. A guy at a mom and pop TV repair shop put a VOM on it and said it was bad but couldn't sell me one or tell me the values. I thought it was a Rectifier to take the voltage back to DC but he said it was a regulator anyway I need to replace it, Please help.
Sincerely Kuga

Regulator.JPG

Thank you, do you have any idea where I can walk in to get one or the same component from a different company in Northern California?

Why don't you consider buying it online: **broken link removed**

I can do that but I was first trying to get it or a compatible from a walk in before I make a purchase on public networks. I don't have internet and so I use the local library's WiFi and even though I use by own laptop it still isn't safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back