Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the main function of heterodyne detectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haif

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HETERODYNE DETECTORS

WHATE IS THE MAIN FUNCTIONS OF HETERODYNE HETECTORS ,WHY USE IT THANE DIRECT HETECTORS.

THANKS

HAIF

HETERODYNE DETECTORS

heterodyne detector can be very useful in case the signal to be detected has outband noise very nearby coz it is hard to design filter for high frequency and by bringing it to a lower frequency we can have better filtering and then convert it to the baseband...

Re: HETERODYNE DETECTORS

I AM SORRY I MEAN (HETERODYNE DETECTOR) AND(DIRECT DETECTOR)

Added after 16 minutes:

Thanks A.Anand Srinivasan, but how i can understand it applications when i applied it in optical .

Re: HETERODYNE DETECTORS

As for me, I quite agree with A.Anand Srinivasan: heterodyning is used for tranfering the signal from one carrier frequence to another. This may be caused by the features of system bandwidth, necessity to get rid of noise and so on. After recept a signal may be tranfered back to the frequency range where it used to be.

With respect,

Dmitrij

HETERODYNE DETECTORS

i'm not sure about heterodyning in optical... can you explain what is done in heterodyning in optical coz in terms of frequency domain it confuses me....

Status
Not open for further replies.