Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the future for CMOS Analog IC Designers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOW RFIC is fabricated in CMOS technology.

I'm working in PLL & RFID now, i think they are very good.

Keep on learning and enjoy it. That is the future of an Analog IC degisner.
Do you agree with me?

Well, I originally asked to see what people think about the future and what they are working on.

CMOS will end eventually, so why not ask ? :D

But analog designers is still needed significantly in the world

CMOS will end maybe...but what is the technology replacing it? As far as i concerned the tech still used the same basis like CMOS...only upgrading it then called something else..maybe i'm wrong but for new technology to matuared it will take time...

Still the beauty in working is learning while earning :D

cmos will stop eventually for analog.

people will keep using 90, .13 or .18 technology and maybe 65nm.

i think.

bipolar may take over for higher speeds.

more cmos will be dsp based, for calibration and tuning.

While discussing with friends; I heard and also believe that even if technology changes; idea changes and brand new things come up; still the present desgners will required too much. Because the new thing will be very new to all. But the analog domain working experiance is not going to change and will still be required always.

Don't you think so?

sankudey

"Analog circuit designers tend to think of themselves as lone cowboys,brave pioneers,creative and independent types,in contrast to the herd animals of the digital IC world."

sankudey said:
While discussing with friends; I heard and also believe that even if technology changes; idea changes and brand new things come up; still the present desgners will required too much. Because the new thing will be very new to all. But the analog domain working experiance is not going to change and will still be required always.

Don't you think so?

sankudey

i really really agree with u. take it easy and do our best to face the challenge.

ur
analog/RF engineer is my dream

Added after 7 minutes:

sankudey said:

Don't you think so?

sankudey
ya i agree

my dear all:

I think the save energy product are the main in the futhure,

so, passive RFID, Low power design, DC-DC, AC-DC, are more

important topic, thanks

c.c.huang

I think power management IC are going to be big. Just look at job openings these days. It's hard to find designers (Analog) who could design power management ICs. That's just my opinion.

I agree that Digital Engineers anre more like saturated.
There is a wide scope for Analog Mixed Signal Engineers
Specially in testing area

pll, adc, power managemant is a must

i think so,too

chinito said:
I think power management IC are going to be big. Just look at job openings these days. It's hard to find designers (Analog) who could design power management ICs. That's just my opinion.

i think the future is in europe, since USA is losing jobs.

Nothing will happen.
Keep learning and do your job best
thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back