Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best book to understand DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaliya

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The Best Book

Re: The Best Book

If u r a beginner then i 'll suggest u " digital signal processing " by S Salvivahan,A Valllavaraj , C Gnanapriya.......
this book coveres all fundamentals with a lot of examples.

But if u have some know how about dsp then see " Discrete time signal processsing " by Oppenheim ,Schafer

Aaliya said:

my suggestion : " Understanding Digital signal processing " by Richard Lyons

~R

hi,

The book which i found very useful was "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" by Steven W. Smith which is available free for download.

regards,
vinay.b

vinay.b said:
hi,

The book which i found very useful was "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" by Steven W. Smith which is available free for download.

regards,
vinay.b

Hey Vinay !

As far i can remember this book realy simple but not so much sophisticated.
There are lots of information, like when you leran there about the Fourier Transform thar isn't use in a regular basis or in analysis way.

I recommend the book of Edward P. Cunnigham : Digital Filtering- An Introduction, which cover all the fundamental parts of the DSP in purely mathematical way (in the 1st two chapters of the book).

Bye,

Itzik

Digital signal processing
a computer base approch by sajit.K. mitra
excellent book 4 this purpose

The Best Book

I'm a beginner myself but I found Proakis useful to understand the very basics and the transforms as it provides detailed mathematical derivations. And I found Mitra useful to understand digital filter design and other practical aspects of the subject.

The Best Book

I had done it from Discrete time signal processing by Oppenheim. I will say that it's not one of the most easy to follow books written for the beginners but if you are apt at mathematics then you probably don't need to look at any other text. However, do see projects and applications at websites like cnx.org as this book has one great disadvantage that it doesnt contain any application related examples.

The Best Book

I would suggest the "DSP Handbook" by Andrew Bateman.
Very good starting point on anyone new to DSP!!

The Best Book

Digital Signal Processing
by John G. Proakis, Dimitris K Manolakis

The Best Book

Friend, my personal selection

[1] Understanding Digital Signal Processing (very good book with lots of diagrams and easy to understand)
[2] DSP First (lots of MATLAB code)

best bok for DSP is
Digital sinal processing by Sanjit.K.Mirta

Aaliya said:

The best book is the one by Prokis and Manolakis (Digital Signal Processing)

I also think the best book is the one by Prokis and Manolakis (Digital Signal Processing)

The best book on DSP from all perspectives is of Proakis and Manolakis. It presents to you all the mathematical perspectives of DSP. Because with only proper understanding of Maths, you can understand DSP.

The books by
Proakis and Manolakis , and
Schaum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back