Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is meaning of "ANNOTATE" in circuit simulatio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you be more specific? Which software? Bias annotation, for example, puts the DC operating point voltages on the schematic in some software.

Keith.

Re: what is meaning of "ANNOTATE" in circuit simul

i found this term in my cadence simulator ................. and also in awr design environment (rf analog )they we need to add the annotations for current and voltages ...........so what is that actually and can you eloborate on bias annotation please

I don't use Cadence but it sounds the same as my simulator. When you run an AC analysis, for example, you don't see DC the voltages or currents of the circuit, just the AC performance. By adding some bias annotation you can see what the DC voltages are. In the example below, by adding a current and voltage annotation, you can see that the non-inverting input is not at zero volts - it is at -670mV due to the 33.5uA of input bias current.

19_1274165280.gif

Keith.

Yes, that's exactly what annotate means. In cadence, when you run a DC simulation (for example), you can get the node voltages placed on your schematic by selecting Annotate DC Node Voltages; or you can get the DC values for transistors (vth, ids, vdsat, vgs), resistors, etc... by selecting annotate Annotate DC Operating Point...

diemilio

thanks for your ans keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back