Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a SMPS inverter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: about SMPS inverter

Tahmid said:
Hi Maxpayne,
I used push-pull topology with SG3525 and regulated the output with feedback (resistive divider). Then I used PIC12F675 to provide 50Hz pulse with 80% duty cycle to provide modified square wave output.

What is your push pull dc/dc output volt ,?

Re: about SMPS inverter

Tahmid said:
Hi,

This obviously seems to be a problem with the feedback loop. Maybe a miscalculation of resistor / capacitor value. Hard to tell without actually looking at the circuit.
I live in Sector 10.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

thnks for ur reply tahmid, i have plan to shift to Uttara sctor 7. then i will show u my ckt and discuss it. I am currently detached frm power electronics for such a long time due to my job and study.......

about SMPS inverter

rajudp said:
What is your push pull dc/dc output volt ,?
Hi,
The output voltage is around 310v without feedback and then I adjust it as required to get 220v at the output after making it modified square wave.

MAXPAYNE said:
thnks for ur reply tahmid, i have plan to shift to Uttara sctor 7. then i will show u my ckt and discuss it. I am currently detached frm power electronics for such a long time due to my job and study.......
No problem. I'll see the circuit and see if I can do anything about it.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

about SMPS inverter

Hello,

In my opinion you need galvanic (safety) insulation between the 12VDC and the 350V DC bus (for your full bridge). So you need a transformer. A forward converter (push pull or H-bridge) introduces low ripple currrent and has good efficiency. You can even make it zero voltage switching giving realy good efficiency.

Advantage of the full bridge DC to 350Vdc converter topology is that you don't need the center tapped transformer (with limited coupling factor between the two primary windings). A HIP4080A (or similar device) can be used as the full bridge driver at the low voltage side.

I would not recommend 400 kHz operation due to available core materials and parasitic inductance and capacitance, stay below 100kHz, but above audio range. With these lower frequencies, you don't have to drive the switches extremely fast. This reduces EMC related problems.

my sg3525 is always getting hot at 50khz and also failed to turn my mosfet that is connected to d ic output

Status
Not open for further replies.