Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what happen when Inverter output shorted to input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know what will happen when the inverter output is shorted to input. and what is the application of this circuit? According to me,it will settle where Vout=Vin. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

I think you're referring to an invert gate?
There is in fact a workable analog amplifier design based on 3 such gates in series. In particular the 4069 UBE (unbuffered). A couple of resistors form a suitable feedback circuit as you describe, so that both input and output hover at 1/2 supply voltage. The unbuffered version permits this condition.

I saw it in a Forrest Mims book. He calls it an analog role for a digital IC.

Results with a buffered invert gate are hard to predict.

Hi,

I want to know what will happen when the inverter output is shorted to input. and what is the application of this circuit? According to me,it will settle where Vout=Vin. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards
If you have an odd number of inverters, you will have a ring oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back