Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think about the prospect of RISC-V and SiFive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collang2

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm a student who wants to learn about RISC-V
I heard that RISC-V is low power because of its low clock cycle, short command length, and good variability due to opcode position.

1. Besides that RISC-V is open-source, is there any advantage over ARM?

2. The RISC-V license is open-source, but what are the advantages of SiFive over other RISC-V development companies?

3. What do you think about the future of RISC-V and SiFive?

Solution
I'm not sure how your questions relate to you learning about RISC-V.
What I did was to buy one of the SiFive boards and started to 'play' with it - think of a small project and implement that; then think of a bigger project and implement that and so on.
Each type of processor has its own quirks and characteristics so I would not be too concerned about learning about one and having to unlearn that if you end up using a different one - it is the principles that you really need to understand.
Susan
I'm not sure how your questions relate to you learning about RISC-V.
What I did was to buy one of the SiFive boards and started to 'play' with it - think of a small project and implement that; then think of a bigger project and implement that and so on.
Each type of processor has its own quirks and characteristics so I would not be too concerned about learning about one and having to unlearn that if you end up using a different one - it is the principles that you really need to understand.
Susan

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back