Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are these in this image??

Status
Not open for further replies.

otis

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.PNGHi Please find the attached immage

Which is from cadence help manual.

What are these codes SPMN,VIPP,RC,KTTSUc... means?

Many topics are repating in different section. Little confusing:?. Could anyone tell me what is that?

thanks in advance.

Could anyone answer this question? sorry for the bump:oops:

I can only help with some

SPMN stands for specman
EMGR for enterprice manager
IUS is the incisive unified simulator

but I can not give informations about the repeating sections and the general idea behind it

regards

Reactions: otis

otis

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Qieda, thanks for the answer!

Could anyone complete the answer?

Thanks

CONFRML - is conformal
RC - is RTL Compiler
EDI - I think this is the new Encounter code, I'm not sure, we're still using SOC
...... just curious; is there any reason why you can't just open the documentation & check what the codes mean? That would be much faster.
Probably you can get the codes from Cadence as well if you don't have access to the documentation.

Best Regards,
I-FAB

otis

Hi Thanks for the reply.
I tried to find these in the cadence manual itself. I did not find any answer that is why i posted here. Also I was trying to find why those tutorial are repeating under different categories. This was also not mentioned in the manual.

Or may be i did not find the right place where to look :(

Thanks!

Hi Otis..

To me these seems tools, ETS (Encounter Timing systems) EDI (Encounter Digital Imp.) ..all these are tools cadence sells.. But why all are these here?
Seems like its from some GUI..and there is no such tool as to launch all these tools (Funny :D). It must from from cadence help where you can find documents related to all tools.
If you can give me document name and the page on which this image is, I may help you with a perfect/confident answer rather than a speculation.

otis

Thanks for the reply. I first opend this doc from simvision window.

Help -> Cadence Help Library

This the help window pop ups. on the left side I see this navigation menu (as in my first post)

I checked.. Its same as I told you..
Its cadence help, Its an application that contain documentation for various cadence tools. You can also search all the documents through this. here is the image that I got with my simvision installation.
90_1296939143.jpg

otis

hi thanks for taking time and look into this.... After this discussion and your image. I understand that this help library is dynamically created. When it opened it looks for all installed software and puts everything into this window. that is why there are some docs which repeated in different category.

Correct me if I am wrong!

Hi,

These are indeed codes for the cadence tools. The window that you are showing is the cadence help utility, that comes with the standard installation. The codes have already been explained before. The utility lists down all the interdependent tools and their documents, so that you can browse all of them together and search through them.
If you need any more help on this, please get back to me.

Regards
-Wasiq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back