Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

waveguide mode... question maybe easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefrancais

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

i have an easy question ... about waveguide

With a picture of the E field vector and H field vector inside a waveguide rectangular or circular etc.... ( and a dielectrique resonator also)

how I can find the order of the mode I see.

Someone knows how to recognize which mode TEmn or TMmn or TEMmn

thanks

count the zeroes in each direction. Either of E or H may become zero in x y or z direction ( the number of these nodes spesifies the mode in xyz format)

For circular waveguide You should count zeroes in radius an angle (polar coordinates).

Kit

For the single mode, you will have to check for the nunber of half sine wave variations in x or y direction for the rectangular waveguide. But for the mixed mode in a waveguide, say e.g. we have TE10, TE11 & TM01 in waveguide, how to distinguish & recongnise the type of mode, Pls suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.