Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

warer level sensing - what sensors to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Vegeta

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There's a new project I will work on, it's water level sensing from the residential water tank.

I want to output a percentage of available water, then do other stuff according to it. I will take care of everything else, the only thing I don't know about is what sensor to use?

the volume of the tank is 2m^3 (length=2m,width=1m,height=1m). so when I put a distance sensor to measure the height and say it's 40cm of water, this means 40% full and 60% empty, right? that's what I plan to do.

I want a cheap sensor (solution), about 30$ or so if possible (it's a simple residential device... if it's 50$, ok. but not more ^_^).

The device I'm gonna make will have more functions to do, but they depend on what current water level is.

Thanks for help.

like what part exactly? what do I need with it?

you could use the Float Sensor, which is used to sense the level of the water.

you could use the Float Sensor, which is used to sense the level of the water.

for a 1m height tank, what float sensor do you recommend? what about it's price?

How can I measure it's readings using a microcontroller (5v, or more?)?

you could refer this page..

https://www.apgsensors.com/products/liquid-level-sensors/ultrasonic

sensor output gives in mA range output, you need to calibrate in Voltage for you analog reading.....

then only you could detect the level of the water...

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/288295/#post1233032

see this sensor also...

For a 1 mtr tank depth just use Vertical or horizontal magnetic float switch. The price is around $3 for i switch (Indian Price). Be sure to check type of contact. They come in NC and NO types. To sense low level use NC type (so that when level is low it awitches ON) and for high level NO type (when high level it switches ON).

For a 1 mtr tank depth just use Vertical or horizontal magnetic float switch. The price is around $3 for i switch (Indian Price). Be sure to check type of contact. They come in NC and NO types. To sense low level use NC type (so that when level is low it awitches ON) and for high level NO type (when high level it switches ON).

well, I ran this parametric search: https://www.digikey.com/product-sea.../1966532?ColumnSort=1000011&fid=0&pageSize=25

the minimum price is about 13$. can you give me a particular part name or something similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back