Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video DC level restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

eTechs

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to digitize an analog video signal that has 1.6V video signal amplitude and 2V DC offset (2+1.6 = 3.6V Peak). The ADC has 2.5V Peak range. I need only 2~3.6V signal with DC level restored so that t it has 0~1.6V (3.6V-2V) video signal amplitude, i.e. the DC offset subtracted from this signal. Kindly suggest video level restorer IC or discrete components solution for this application.
Thanks.

This is normally done with a simple diode and capacitor arrangement. The capacitor charges to peak video level and that voltage is then referenced to a fixed voltage.

A good source of information is the CQ-TV archive at www.batc.org.uk but it seems to be linking to the article software rather than the magazine PDFs at the moment, I'll report it to their webmaster.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.