Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vias with CADSTAR5 to join ground planes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenx

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anybody knows how to put vias to connect top-bottom ground planes? Maybe it is not possible with CADSTAR! :cry:
the problem is that I cant put a via without a signal path!!
Can anybody help me please?
THANKS! :)

Simply made thouhole plated compoents with one pad and put it on!

You can go into route editor, have both layers urned on for editing and just go around double clicking (in routing mode) where you want them to be.

When connected to the plane net, they are part of it. When you remove the planes you remove these too.

I have found that using the single pad part methods (which I also do sometimes) can leave a single pad on the board if I remove the plane and forget all the pads.

There is no proper method in it though. Neither does V6.

Roland.

I create a via component as described above, and then have a part which can be placed in the schematic and connected to GND. I tend to call them stitching vias and then I drop them all over. The ones I don't use are just left hanging off the board edge. If I want to get rid of the excess, I put them at the extreme right and do a left-right rename. I then delete them. A parts list ouput tells me which ones are left, so that I can delete the excess in the schematic. If you are wondering how to add loads of a single component then name one part using this convention -> R[x-y] In my case I would use VS[1-100] meaning stitching via VS1, VS2,,,VS100. One part, one connection. If you find that these upset the flooding of some layers then you can select them all by using S_VS* (_=space) and move then off the board, noting the amount you moved them by, flood and put them all back.

As a suggestion for the part method, create a new sheet in the schematic that is for "board layout only" and place them in there.
Its a bit pointless having all the mounting holes, these vias etc showing on the main schematic when printed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back