Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VFO for UHF (144-148mhz) Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5HOB

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vfo 144mhz

I am looking into designing and building my own 2 meter receiver, and the first step is to build an oscillator. I have opted for the variable frequency because I feel it is best suited to my purposes. Does anyone know how to build one for the 2 meter (UHF) band?

-KE5HOB

2m vfo

You can build a VFO with a microcontroller ..
Here ia an example of a VFO with PIC1684: http://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/projects/dds_vfo_by_n2apb/dds_vfo.htm
If you think this VFO is to complicated, more VFOs are here:
http://www.pan-tex.net/usr/r/receivers/svfo.htm

Quite often in 2m receivers the first IF is 10.7MHz ..
In this case you will need ≈14MHz VFO and 120MHz from the output of an 60MHz crystal oscillator ( **broken link removed** ) ..
Take a look at the attached pictures .. in your case it won't be 80MHz but 60MHz ..
More details on some inductors can be found at: **broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

colpitts vfo

VCO for 144MHz

colpitts oscillator 144mhz

I have used the NE604 or the NE605 (includes IF, RSSI etc) The VCO is good up to about 200 MHz. This is really simple to implement.
**broken link removed**

pos200 vco receiver

You might try the Maxim product. It is very easy to use. The varicap is in the IC. You need only few external components.

**broken link removed**

148 mhz lc oscillator

You have something against minicircuits? JTOS150 or POS200? Can't afford $13?

14mhz vfo design

vfone said:
VCO for 144MHz

Vfone can you tell us what type of oscillator the one you posted is?

I am trying to find more info on your circuit ;)

vfo 144 mhz

In school a teacher told us: “Later, you are going to design a lot of Colpitts oscillators, even your name is not Colpitts”

I am attaching a snapshot of the simulation of this oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.