Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verification Asynchronous FIFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

xIce

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

As the topic title suggests, I need to verify an Asynchronous FIFO which it can be found here;
http://www.sunburst-design.com/papers/CummingsSNUG2002SJ_FIFO1.pdf
( I believe it is famous? )

Anyway, I am completely new to the Verification world and I need to realize the System Verilog modules for every TB components (generator, driver, monitor, scoreboard, interface, transaction and model). I think I got more or less what every component does and I think I have understood the behaviour of my design, my problem I believe is how to translate everything in System Verilog.

Like, I guess there are some cases that need to be tested for the FIFO, like: 1) Read operation, 2)Write operation, 3)FIFO FULL, 4)FIFO Empty, 5) Resect active, 6)Read/Write at the same time

Knowing this, how am I supposed to translate these cases in System Verilog with a randomization test? Like, if this was a simple and normal testbench, I'd provide just the inputs and the data by myself and check on the simulation if everything works correctly, but since I need to realize those TB components, where am I supposed to start? Hope it makes sense what I mean

Thanks in advance for whoever can help me.

Attachments

• CummingsSNUG2002SJ_FIFO1.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 114

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back