Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Venture Startup Needs Toronto PCB Layout Expert (or Consult)

Status
Not open for further replies.

torinwalker

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pxa310 layout

This may be out in left field, but I'm going to give it a shot.

I am designing a PDA and have come to the part where I lay out my PCB. In the past, my electronic hobbyist experience has served me well, but this time I'm in way over my head. I could really use some help from someone who does this for a living. I'd like to sit down, show you my design, and ask strategic questions about things like: How much of the autorouter do you actually use? How would you route [a particular problem] and why? Why does this document say to do it one way, but the reference board from the same company does it another way?

At the same time, you'll be showing me what you know, tricks of the trade, you might tell me about books you've used (or better, you might have brought one for me to thumb through), and you'll show me how to get a modern and expensive piece of software to do your bidding.

The goal is to help me overcome some of the problems that are really slowing me down, and to remove some issues of extreme uncertainty.

In exchange, I am offering the following:

1. An opportunity to take part in a venture where, if you are interested, you can continue to participate in either an advisory capacity, or get directly involved. Believe me, designing a PDA from scratch provides plenty of work to go around.
2. A friendship on a personal level where we can exchange and collaborate on ideas.
3. A business relationship. When I get this business underway, you will have yet another contact, and we all know that 'it's all about who you know'.
4. A free piece of hardware. You spend some quality time with me and get me through these design problems, help me route my board, and when I'm done, I'll give you the product I'm working on free. Believe me, if you're into electronics and you like PDAs, you'll like this piece of hardware I'm coming up with.

The consequences of this are quite promising. I can tell you more about it over the telephone. If you accept, you'll have to sign an NDA.

Project Overview:

This project is no slump.

I'm laying out a 127mm x 57mm, PDA-sized, 10-layer board with the Marvell PXA310, its companion DS9034 PMIC, a pair of 1GBit VFBGA DDR SDRAM, a pair of 4GBit NAND FLASH, USB, SDIO, Audio (mic, receiver, loudspeaker), SD and SDIO cards, and LCD connector.

The processor runs at 624MHz, the SDRAM at 130MHz, and there are numerous FCC/DOC (or whatever the Canadian communications equivalent is these days - they keep changing their bloody name), and UL listing criteria against which to design.

Finally, you MUST be in the Toronto area. If you're not nearby, then it won't do any good because we won't be able to look at the same laptop together.

Thanks for listening.

Torin...

make sure you have a good NDA in place & signed by both parties prior to showing any technical detail.

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back