Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VB + arduino through rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnovice

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
need u r assistance guys.i need codes for sending data from PC in VB6 to arduino.,
i've used RS232 and i dont know what to do plz help me?
does anybody know about it?
i'm running out of time ., plz reply asap.,its urgent.....

hai

can u pls give more information? are u designing a GUI or using existing GUI? Do u know the data which is to be sent?

i would like to design on my own., the data from PC., my plan is to display the data entered in LED matrix ., the data entered in PC will go to arduino to process the data and then it will display on LED matrix, hope you understand.,

alex... i have not designed the GUI. But i have got it done by my colleague. based on that knowledge u have to develop a serial communication application. Just like your hyperterminal application (may be with different appearance and options).

go through the link: Visual Basic(VB) Programming in RS-232,Serial Port,Com Port Interfacing for HardwareS systems.

I think this site has the code too.. you can refer them.

By the way, you should know what kind of data u need to send to arduino and what baud rate configurations.

Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.