Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blue Pill vs Arduino

Fatimah_S

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone! So I am starting a project where I have to make a vfd using v by f control and induction motor. I have previously worked with Arduino IDE (Arduino UNO Board - ATMega 328P IC) and I was confused whether it would be an optimal choice to use it as a microcontroller for this project. On the other hand, I have STM32F103C8T6 (Blue Pill) with ST-Link, but i have never worked with it, and STM32 Cube IDE as well (which looks horrifying). For the purpose of my project should I switch to STM, or arduino should suffice? I do know that STM has multiple benefits over Arduino but still wanted to get an idea of user experience.
TIA

Hi, buddy, since you have previous experience with the Arduino IDE and the Arduino UNO board, I think Arduino should suffice.
Recently I found Arduino in Ampheo useful. You can check this website; I hope you find the right answers.

Hi,

you could use Blue Pill with Arduino IDE.

I have a lot of experience with AVRs and only a bit with STM32 .. but for a new project I´d prefer the STM.
Especially the DMA features of the STM save a lot of processing power.

In the end it depends on your preference and on the requirements of the application.
Maybe your application needs a lot of processing power ... and thus need a lot of effort with writing inline assembler on the AVR ... while the STM could do more relaxed without inline assembler.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: