Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usually how can you draw a nice diagram of the circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason.Song

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xcircuit spice netlis

Hi, all,

I am looking for programs that I can use to draw nice diagrams of my circuits. For me, I am using Windows Paint and Office to draw the diagram, it's kind of boring and time consuming.

I also know that a software called Xcircuit can help to draw nice diagram of the circuit, I tried but feel that the software is not that easy to use. I wonder what is the way for you to draw a nice diagram for slides or for publication.

Great thanks,

draw nice diagrams

I used LT spice. It can be dpwnloaded for free. just google lt spice or switchcad lt spice. You can directly save it as bmp or jpg

XCircuit makes Postscript files easy to put into LaTeX documents. The quality of these Postscript files is really great. XCircuit is very easy. There are some helpful key-shortcuts so the software is very handy and fast ;-)

oermens said:
coreldraw or microsoft visio

Hi all,

The best tool is Vision 2007. In order to export you figures to pdf the best tool that works well with visio is novapdf.

Since several years I use "Splan" from

abacom-online.de

It´s a german company but it has a homepage also in english.
They have a demo version for free for download, and the full program is rather cheap.
The program includes a variety of symbols in several libraries.
You have several formats for export (bmp, wmf....).

Jason.Song said:
Hi, all,

I am looking for programs that I can use to draw nice diagrams of my circuits. For me, I am using Windows Paint and Office to draw the diagram, it's kind of boring and time consuming.

I also know that a software called Xcircuit can help to draw nice diagram of the circuit, I tried but feel that the software is not that easy to use. I wonder what is the way for you to draw a nice diagram for slides or for publication.

Great thanks,

You should. I think. use the professional software for drawing. In this way you are not only able to use these diagrams for the PCB designing, making their netlis,but also for the presentation etc.
The software I recomend are: PCAD2001 or higher like 2006, OrCAD, Altium Designer (its quite heavy) and so on. Choice is yours

Microsoft Visio does a good job

diegobb said:
Kicad is a nice one, is Free and works on linux and Window$.

... and mac os x if you succeed in compiling the sources...
seems some succeded, but the binaries for mac are not availables...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back