Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Using touch screen to control relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

xakker

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I was thinking of developing a home control application.
How can i use a touch screen to control relays??
Also do we have commercially available touch screens with built in relays??

plz reply and help

Regards All

Touch screens normally have a small PLC inside. You can use that for controlling relays if your logic is simple.

Nandhu

Thankyou for your reply

Can you please provide some technical information on how to do it?

My logic is extremely simple but i dont know how to start. I will have to develop a GUI which means i have to write a software too which in turn means that i have to have a processor too. I am confused where to start.....

Is there some one who can really help :(

I guess no one knows any thing about it :(

hi, a touch screen device consist of 2 section namely a touch screen and driver circuit. the touch screen will be connected to the driver circuit. the driver circuit can be connected to the micro controller through serial communication. when a touch is sensed by the touch screen the driver will transfer its coordinates value serially, which can be gathered by the micro controller and can identify in which place the screen as been touched and further action can be taken.

regards
kj

thank you welove8051

do you know the format of serial data from driver cct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back