Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

passing parameters from python to embedded C

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious_mind

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a simple embedded application on a virtual platform without the real target. My application uses API which uses pointer de referencing to fetch data from a required memory location. Since I am building on a virtual platform, I want to use a python front end to pass data parameters to the location dereferenced by the API. Can anybody suggest appropriate method to do so?

I do not know ctypes. besides I looked at IPC and TCP method of intercommunication's between two applications ( Viz. C and Python). Could not arrive at any conclusion. Here is my actual requirement:

I am developing a bare metal application. My C file calls several lower level drivers pertaining to hardware interfaced with processor. These driver files accesses the actual harddware through pointer dereference (for read and write). Since I have to develop this on virtual platform, I require C file to be executed independantly and take on the parameters from UI (pyhton) which mocks the hardware registers (with location)

Last edited:

Interprocess communication is an option, but direct memory access or running a dll seems much simpler. All relevant methods are provided by ctypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back