Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using GSM module with a mp3 reader hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazou35

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want to use a GSM module with a mp3 reader hardware. I have no experience with GSM module. Most of GSM modules have an UART interface. I'd like to know if I can get the gsm compressed data voice to send it to the mp3 recorder in order to record it. It would be nice too if i can read mp3 file and send it by GSM.

thank you for your help.
Yaz

mp3+GSM module

well my dear friend try thinking about data transfer using a gsm mobile phone.

Re: mp3+GSM module

I want to make small board with a GSM module and mp3 recorder + reader. I can't buy GSM phone in small quantities (1000) . GSM phone are sold as expensive and complicated developpement platform. I must be able to modify the GUI of the phone and even in a GSM phone I'm not sur that i can read the audio stream to redirect it to mp3 hardware.

Do you know about vendor of GSM phone with developpement plateform ?

About your inquiry, I can suggest you to use a GSM module which build in an ARM CPU and flash rom.
You can use the ARM to be your uC and use flash to put your S/W, maybe it can help you to save cost.
As I know, you can try to refer Wavecom's GSM module, below is their website
https://www.wavecom.com

mp3+GSM module

Hi. Speed of user code on Wavecom ARM CPU modules are 1-6 MIPS only.

Best Regards.

Thank you all for your answers.

My problem is the not hardawre ton interface the gsm module. I have already ARM and hardware that can play mp3 and record mp3 on a MMC card. I'd like to know of the gsm module (wavecom or other) can direct the (compressed)audio stream to my hardawre.

Help ,
Nobody has already used gsm modules and can tell me if we can get the audio stream from theses modules ?

thank you

mp3+GSM module

I want to use bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back