Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use FPGA to do verification, which product is best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

now2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use FPGA to do verification, mainly in video processing such as motion estimation, deinterlacing......

I am not sure how many gate counts are needed.
Resolution is at least 1024x768*60Hz.

the function I need are as follows :

1. clock frequency is about 108MHz
2. LVDS output
3. external SDRAM
4. microprocesser/I2C
5. PLL

Which product(Vertex, Spartan, or Altera's family) is most suitable ?

Thank in advance !!!

If you need arithmetic and other intensive computations for motion estimation and other video processing, it is better choose Xilinx Vertex-II Pro device to incorporate PowerPC or Microblaze processor along with other hardware which you need. In Altera you can choose Stratix or Stratix-2 device to incorporate Nios/ARM embedded processor.

hi
i guess that xilinx virtex ii or virtex ii pro shall best suit ur requirement as it is having sufficinent memory incorporated to it also it has been designed for high speed applications. u can also look for spartan iii series fpga for low cost solutions.

ashish

I agree with ramesh and ashishjindal76.VirtexII or VirtexII Pro are both very good device for verification.

To so such high speed verification is almost impossible for fpga.

Unless you spend extra 2-3 month on it tuning the timing path.
generally we can run about 40Mhz on virtex II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back