Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Use DIMM with two DQS pairs swapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG300c

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a prototype board that uses a DDR2 SO-DIMM. Due to a design error, the DQS6 and DQS7 pairs are swapped. Would the design still work?

The DDR2 interface is very slow on this board and all 64 bits are written and read at the same time by my custom logic. This should have the effect that all DQS pairs should be driven at the same time such that having two of the pairs swapped should not matter (except for a slight timing difference).

The question is: Is the Altera HPCII DDR2 controller using the DQS strobes individually during initialization? If so, then the swapped pairs may cause things to break.

It may be possible to rework this board but if it works anyways, I may not need to (very hard to fix up traces around the SO-DIMM socket).

The device is an Arria II GX.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back