Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] USB Enumeration problem in HID Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUKESH.K.S

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello experts....
I was trying to implement the HID mouse usb using PIC18f4550. I am using xc8 compiler and mplab Xide. I know that microchip provides the USB stack for HID class, but I don't want to use the library because my intention is to learn the usb protocol. I am using the same descriptors given in the microchip library. I am able to do the enumeration almost completely, windows is showing my device in the device manager input devices list. But I am stuck with one problem, I am not able to identify one request from the windows. After the HID report descriptor request , windows is sending this setup packet
0x80,0x06,0x01,0x03,0x09,0x04,0xff,0x00 and 0x80,0x06,0x02,0x03,0x09,0x04,0xff,0x00. Please help me in understanding this request. What kind of request is this ? How should I reply to this request?

hi,
Have you tried this link.?
E
**broken link removed**

Thanks for the reply. I have read the HID specification, but I am still not able to figure out the above mentioned request. What request is windows sending? Is that this is any vendor specific request?

Last edited:

yeah..... I figured out the problem. I didn't enable the Endpoint 1 after the set configuration command. I should have configure the Endpoint1 BDT table properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.