Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

usb commnctn in spr 3a strtr kit wth d resourc of usb config

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsj73

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to develop a usb communication in spartan 3a starter kit. i have got the usb controller code but it requires that i interface it with a utmi compitable transreciver ic. but i think such ic should already be there in the kit as the kit allows configuration via usb.

any help in how i can use this ic for my usb communicaton so that i don't have to use any other ic?

thanking u in advance

Re: usb commnctn in spr 3a strtr kit wth d resourc of usb co

You can use rs232 cable for the communication. And if you buy a rs232 to usb converter cable , you will easily communicate fpga with pc. Because then, you will only use rx and tx pin on the db9 connector. Also spartan 3 have a db9 connector..

Re: usb commnctn in spr 3a strtr kit wth d resourc of usb co

You need to read IC datasheet, and take care of timing diagrams for its USB bus..
You should also be supply the correct signals with correct timings..

Ilgaz

Status
Not open for further replies.