Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URGENT need of explanation of END FIRE (RADIATION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMare

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found term, which claim to be a disadvantage of patch antenas.

It's "end fire" radiation or operation.
I have to translate the term into czech, but I don't think that our language has direct word for it, so could anyone please help me to understand the term? I found a few articles, but I don't think that they tried to explain the term.

NMare said:
I found term, which claim to be a disadvantage of patch antenas.

It's "end fire" radiation or operation.
I have to translate the term into czech, but I don't think that our language has direct word for it, so could anyone please help me to understand the term? I found a few articles, but I don't think that they tried to explain the term.

Zajímavý výraz :D - ale na¹el jsem tohle: end-fire antenna = surface-wave antenna. Dle mého názoru jde jen o to, ¾e se vlna ¹íøí podel struktury a vyzaøuje se a¾ na konci. Soudím dle antény dielektrické doutníkové - ve vlnovodu je v usti zastrèeno dielektrikum ve tvaru doutníku, a vlna se "dr¾í" v dielektrikum a vyzaøuje se a¾ na také právì konci. Tak bych to do èe¹tiny pøevedeno vidìl já :D

sorry dear, this is czech language :D

NMare

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
think of a linear array of antennas. "Broadside" radiation is along the normal to the array while "endfire" is parallel to the array. A Yagi-Uda and an LPD are examples of "endfire" arrays. One can often achieve higher gains in "endfire" configurations.

I think that the names are based on a nautical reference to a Man of War with numerous cannons along the gunwales.

NMare

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back