Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent - layout to shematic circuit in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nassim1

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout component ads

Dear colleagues,

I have found in ads example that we can obtain a schematic circuit from layout... waht i do not understand, how can we get it and how can we add transistor as shown in attached figure...

thx in advance

M

creating a via hole in ads

Hi,

You need at least ADS 2008 to do that. After creating your layout you click on "EMDS">"Component">"Create/update".

After what you get the layout component into the schematic windows, number of ports are defined in momentum window.

Hi jayce 3390,

thank you for helping me but i do not understand what you want to say..i have ADS 2008 and i found EMDS but have i construct all circuit in layout with components after that trying conversion ?? waht about for example transistor ??

thx again

Transistor is active device then it's only available in ADS schematic, design your circuint in momentum layout and define the ports.
After you could import it in the schematic window.

the transistor you saw in the picture comes from ADS schematic as all components in blue.

The main structure (in red) has been imported from layout by the process I told you before, and after that you could connect all components (in blue) where your layout ports have been placed.

ah oki, thank you for clarification...but, how can we connect the components in the circuit ? have i prepare the via (hole) in the layout where the components will be connected??

after that, can we simulated it in the shematic cicruit ?

thx a lot in advance

By clicking on Simulate in the schematic the software run a momentum simulation for imported components associated to a circuit simulation, don't worry about the simulation process.
Just draw the layout in momentum with number of port correponding to number of connection you will need to put your components.

Via hole? via hole is used to connect something to the ground if you are in microstrip line, i don't understand , tell me more

You have to define via hole if needed, all your design will be imported in schematic

thx again, the thing that i did not understand, is that, i prepare a layout how can i prepare the places for components connection according to the figure attached in my first message because for each component has its place schematized by two points as specified in shematic cicruit..

thx again

m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back