Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

urgent inquiry (IMPACT and usb cable connectoin )

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodahussein

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

i have spartan 3e starter kit, i am using ise 8.2i , and using IMPACT tool to program or download bit file to fpga but this message appear

Cable autodetection failed.
WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup !

although i installed usb driver from xilinx site "ug344_windows" still this message appear again and there is no connection between pc and kit

noting that my operating system is Vista

wait your help for very importance

I am not sure V8.2 is compatible with Vista, you should download webpack 12 and use the impact from that instead or find a computer with XP to use for downloading.

dear farhada
ok i have ise 12.1 and i installed it before but when i did implementation process , it can not complete beacuse the software need to license so i return to old version ise8.2 so i do not know
wait you recommendtion

You just need the IMPACT of 12.1 not the whole program, use your 8.2i and when you are done, create a project inside IMPACT 12.1 and load your device, I am sure it will find your USB cable without any problems.

Take a look at this for more info **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back