Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unipolar to bipolar conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

student13

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I want to convert digital uniploar signal to digital bipolar signal. for ex: 12 bit unsigned to 12 bit signed format. can anyone help me?

The question isn't clear. 12-Bit unsigned has a numeric range of 0 to 4095, signed of -2048 to 2047, how to you intend to map the values?

enough to subtract 2047
If the intended mapping is substracting an offset, then you would substract 2048 respectively invert the MSB, which is a single bit operation.

i have attached a diagram. in that i have the 2 currents (V phase and W phase) from IR2175 module which are unsigned and 12 bits. now i want to know how to convert these to the output of unipolar to bipolar module which are 12 bit signed. i think U phase current = -(V + W), but how to get V and W in signed format is my doubt.

Attachments

• uni_bipolar.png
    uni_bipolar.png
    34 KB · Views: 38

i have the 2 currents (V phase and W phase) from IR2175 module which are unsigned and 12 bits
IR2175 has a PWM output, so it's still isn't exactly clear, how the bipolar current measurement is represented. Assuming regular straight binary coding, it works like said in post #3 or #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back