Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understand low power gate timer TPL5110, any alternates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sairfan1

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was reading datasheet of TPL5110 it says "the TPL5110 has a unique One-shot feature where the timer will only power the MOSFET for one cycle."
I do not understand what does it mean by "One-shot feature" and "turning on MOSFET for one cycle" here what does it mean by powering up MOSFET for one cycle?

I want to turn on ESP8266 by this timer i want to know which MOSFET would be suitable in the circuit

Is there any better alternate approach for same application?

You should actually read the data sheet. But I did it for you. When the enable pin is high it will generate periodic pulses; when enable is low, it will generate a single (one shot) pulse.

You should actually read the data sheet. But I did it for you. When the enable pin is high it will generate periodic pulses; when enable is low, it will generate a single (one shot) pulse.

What I quoted above in my question was from datasheet but i was not able to understand what they are trying to say,

One-shot feature where the timer will only power the MOSFET for one cycle

It sounds me like it will turn ON the MOSFET and after a period of time it will turn OFF the MOSFET (one cycle) if i understand it true what if ESP was not able to connect and send data within that time?

and also can you please advise MOSFET (in SMD pkg) that can be used with TPS5110 to turn on ESP

Status
Not open for further replies.