Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UltraSonic waves, Phase difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husein06

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using a transmitter to transmit 40k square sound waves to 2 receivers on a robot. I want the robot to know which direction the transmitter is and adjust to it (to later drive to it) .

So I'm in the first stages of figuring this out but confused and need help.(correct me if I'm wrong on anything)

To calculate the direction of the transmitter, I will have to know the phase difference between the waves of receiver 1 and 2, so I will be able to calculate which arrives first(but is it based on direction of which came first or strength?). But how do I calculate this phase difference? through hardware or software and how?

Moreover, how do I output the calculations of the phase difference (through micro-controller hardware or software)?

Please advise me if I'm in the right direction and if you have an idea or different approach.

Thank you

I'm using this kit for transmitter and receiver.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back