Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic receiver and transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried using tl072 but the same problem arises....this is giving me a headache

---------- Post added at 08:55 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

can this be solved

can this be solved
Did you understand, that the circuit has to be modified? The common mode range of TL072 doesn't include the negative supply.

can u help me with a schematic

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

to use tl072

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

in receiving circuit

i am trying to make an obstacle detector....and there are may things not required in the above schematic...any way thanks helped a lot.....if any advice on obstacle detector....u are welcome

The schematic recently posted has errors and does not work:

Attachments

• defective ultrasonic receiver.PNG
    defective ultrasonic receiver.PNG
    155.5 KB · Views: 89

thats the reason.....there are certain thing unnecessary for the circuit

can the above circuit be checked using led it the obstacle is being detected or not...if yes how

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

i am using 741 instead of 3140e and bc548 instead of bc549....does that changes anything

did not work. when the receiver is not connected then it shows 5v in inverting pin and when transmitter is kept face to face then also the value does not changes. it keeps on showing 2v at the output pin.

Before the advent of LEDs every tv used ultrasonic remote controls, so no rocket science is required for 30 yeard old aplication. At that time 741 was considered not lousy. actualy if you see further back some 20 years ago, man was on the moon using their lousy rockets and lousiest computers. A 2 transistor audio preamplifier stage like used for head signal amplification can provide a lot of gain. If technic is not right, Discovery with latest technology can fall back on the head. Tech says just leave those 555s and 741s but i find no problem with them. I get 23 741s for one $.

Last edited:

Look at the datasheet of a 741 opamp that was released 43 or 44 years ago. It is spec'd to use only a 30V supply but some work from only 10V. It has slew rate limiting when the signal is only 9kHz and higher while many newer opamps work perfectly up to 100kHz.

At 40kHz a 741 opamp has only a few volts of output swing and its gain is very low.

Attachments

• uA741.PNG
    uA741.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 63

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back