Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ubuntu 10.04 help regarding bluetooth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VishwanathAmbli

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I m using dell inspiron N5010, i ve installed ubuntu 10.04 OS in ths system.i ve also installed bluetooth software 4m software centre but my bluetooth isn't working. whenever i click on bluetooth manager it says "Bluez daemon is not running, blueman-manager cannot continue."
it shows an icon sayin turn off, turn on bluetooth but it doesn't detect anythin nor it gets activated.
need help t solve this prob!!!

I've been using Debian on a HP laptop, and noticed that to use Bluetooth or Wireless LAN, I had to hit a button above the keyboard first, which would change the color of an indicator symbol (a similar button as the sound volume controls). Only then the software could use that hardware as normal.

Not saying that's the case here, but maybe something similar is going on here? Also check if the relevant hardware is enabled in the BIOS.

And Google or check documentation on Ubuntu site - there's a lot of documentation & hints out there for Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.