Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can someone please help me identify these slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carry for cents bazar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Last edited by a moderator:

Those are PCI slots. Developed from IBM standard called MCA (used in they PS/2 workstations) and VESA Local Bus used in 2nd generation of i80486 motherboards as extensions of ISA standard.
PCI became a standard in Pentium class PCs. Now, I see that in times of integrating everything in CPU, people forgot about this feature which makes IBM PC the most successful computer - expansion cards ;)

Probably PCI Express connectors. You can go to the Dell website and download the documentation. I would do it, but I’m too lazy.

The documentation did not help me much. I need to know the exact card that I can put on them. I know they are PCI, but they are not the standard PCI x16(except the first slot of course).

The old ATI cards can fit in there also

Status
Not open for further replies.