Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UB1250 enclosed charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack.Straw

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi. I purchased a UB1250 12v, 5Ah, SLA deep cycle battery. I intended to use it inside of a 5 liter mini-keg to power an 12v amplifier, as well as some 5v accessories (Bluetooth audio receiver & occasional phone charging). I just noticed that it says on the battery "do not charge in a sealed container". Can anyone explain this to me? My "sealed container" is roughly 6x the size of the battery... is this going to be a problem? This is my container:

Beer%20Keg%20Amplifiers05.jpg

Thanks for your time and advice,
-Scott

I'm finally getting back to the project. This certainly isn't air tight, but is probably still considered "enclosed". I could easily drill a few vent holes in the bottom if necessary. Any advice would be appreciated.. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back