Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two question regarding electrolyte capacitor and dual color SMD led

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbhatt

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all

I have two question
1. what happen if i will use 47uf16v elco. capacitor in place of 47uf10v ,Is it effect remote battery life?

2. Is dual color SMD led's come in two pin

Regards

1. If you replace an electolytic capacitor 47uF 10 V (supposing it's voltage rating is correct with respect to the application) with another one 47uF 16 V from the battery point of view will happen nothing. The life of the higher voltage capacitor could be a little bit more.

2. Yes two color LED can have two pins. In this case the two color are generated by two diodes in antiparallel so if you reverse the polarity of the battery the color changes.

I'm not aware of dual-colour SMD LEDs in twp pin package. Why not refer to 4-pin SMD LEDs with separate diodes? They can be used for any possible circuit.

Dear Albbg,
Thanks for your reply, actualy i want to use dual color led in a IR remote control and you know that in IR remote control we use 3v battery so is there any special specification required for dual color SMD led for remote.

second, 47uf 10v is mention in application circuit of IR remote control so if i use 47uf 16v then it is OK for remote or i ahve to use same value as mentioned in application ckt .

Regards

second, 47uf 10v is mention in application circuit of IR remote control so if i use 47uf 16v then it is OK for remote or i ahve to use same value as mentioned in application ckt .

Regards

It is always ok to use a higher voltage rating electrolytic - it will not affect your circuit in any way.

Regards
is it ok, you dont need to use the same value in the application note, you only have to be careful not to use a value lower than 10V, 47uF 16V can support more voltage than 47uf 10V

Thanks all respected ,
Just clear to me as i mention, is this change of elco. cap. value could effect the battery life which is using in IR remote control .

Regards

Thanks all respected ,
Just clear to me as i mention, is this change of elco. cap. value could effect the battery life which is using in IR remote control .

Regards
no the voltage of the capacitor will no impact the battery life of the battery,

Thanks dear Yassin for your kind support and clear to me.

With best regards

Dear Reapected ,

What will be the best value of an electrolyte capacitor for an IR remote control which is operating by 3volt batteries . kindly suggest .

Regards

- - - Updated - - -

Dear All respected ,
I am developing an IR remote control which will be operate by 3Volt battery and i require a Bi-color led for light indicator so keep this voltage range in consideration what will be the best specification of bi-color smd led 0805 then i will go for sample demand .

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back