Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Twisted Pair input routing on PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a twisted pair input to the IN+ and IN- pins of the MAX9278 deserializers.

The Parallel data output of the deserializer consists of 4 LVDS data channels and 1 LVDS Clock channel to a 3.1" TFT whose Pixel Clock is calculated to be as 27MHz.

So, I guess the twisted pair inputs IN+ and IN- would also be 27MHz. Am I correct is assuming so?

In that case, what impedance should be maintained between the IN+ and IN- twisted pair input signals to the deserializer? Should I maintain the 100ohms impedance just like if it was a coax input or what should I do?

1) If you've got a serial input and a parallel output, why would you expect the same data rate? And the clock output looks like it's actually one-fourth the data rate. (Not sure how this chip works)
2) The impedance of the cable has nothing to do with the frequency. If you've got a 100 ohm medium, it's 100 ohm.

Hi,

I guees the data rate / frequency is not determined by the receiver...thus I recommend to read the transmitter's specification.

If I'm not mistaken then you did not take color depth into account with your datarate calculation.

Klaus

Did you notice the datasheet headline? It says 3.12 Gbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.