Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tvp5150 output 0x80,0x10 and input video signal not locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

iagolobla

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I'm new at this forum and I am struggling with a problem for a while now. I have a PAL camera (from which I barely have any information) connected to a TVP5150AM1 IC but I only get a bunch of 0x80 and 0x10 bytes in the output frame buffer.

For what I've searched online, this problem seems to be related to the fact that the input video is not locking correctly. I know that because I'm reading the 88h register (Status Register #1 in TVP5150 datasheet) of the TVP5150 and obtaining 0's in Bit 0, 1 and 2.

Also, I tested with an oscilloscope the pin 1 of TVP5150 (AIP1A) and seems like the input signal is reaching there. The input signal schematic is the same as the one in TVP5150's datasheet.

The resolution I'm setting is 720x576 at a 25 frame rate. My TVP5150's configuration is basically the following:
-Register 0x00: 0x00 (AIP1A selected)
-Register 0x03: 0x6F
-Register 0x0D: 0x47
-Register 0x0F: 0x02

It will be great if someone could help me on this as soon as possible.
Thanks for your time and have a great day!
Best Regards,
Iago Loureiro.

@iagolobla
Perhaps there is a separate forum somewhere out there for discussing the details about the TVP5150AM1 IC?
As you can see this sub-forum is CPLD/FPGA specific.

@iagolobla
Perhaps there is a separate forum somewhere out there for discussing the details about the TVP5150AM1 IC?
As you can see this sub-forum is CPLD/FPGA specific.
You're right, I'm sorry my fault,
Have a good day :)
Iago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back