Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV Pincushion effect - help with localization needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhrams

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TV Pincushion effect

Hi !

There is pincushion distortion on my samsung CS25M21 TV causing the right and left edges of the picture curving in like an hour glass. I am trying to locate the faulty capacitor on the video board and replace it.

Any tips for locating the faulty component ? Also, please send me the repair manual for this model if available.

TV Pincushion effect

Hi,
It will compensated, usually before the H & V-output stages, exactly you have an added parabel-signal to the usual deflection staircase/ramp...
Here is some thing missing, often such diodes are dead, or the regulating/setting trimmerpoti hase contact problems...
You can much schematic download from:https://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_type/Consumer+electronics_24.html
Good luck!
K.

I am not familiar with that set but there is another cause for an hour glass.

That would be the cap for the horz power supply. If you have a line derived power supply. If you have a smp supply then this would not be the case.

Good luck

if ur voltages and signals are right;do service mode.i know these eeproms can do anything.just minor adjustment cure the prob.

Look for some dry soldering in pin amplifier circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back