Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] TSOP 1738 with microcontorler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar474

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TSOP with microcontorler

i am using tsop 1738 and IR Diode driven by 555 timer with 40kHz frequency.
i am getting voltage drop as the object comes closer but i cant inter face it with atmega8 microcontroller the out put of the microcontroller is not good it is giving false out put (nether high or low). is their any wrong in using adc?

TSOP with microcontorler

what are you trying to achieve? give more details like circuit and code to solve the problem

Nandhu

TSOP with microcontorler

You can use BJT or MOSFET to drive IR Transmitter.
And for Receiver you can use Input Capture PIN of the microcontroller.

Re: TSOP with microcontorler

I’m trying to detect an object 20cm away from my robot
I’m using atmega8 microcontroller

sagar474 said:
I’m trying to detect an object 20cm away from my robot
I’m using atmega8 microcontroller

In this where comes the adc??

Another thing why are you using 555 to generate 40KHz as atmega 8 itself can do it

Post your circuit to get help

Nandhu

sagar474 said:
i am using tsop 1738 and IR Diode driven by 555 timer with 40kHz frequency. i am getting voltage drop as the object comes closer but i cant inter face it with atmega8 microcontroller the out put of the microcontroller is not good it is giving false out put (nether high or low). is their any wrong in using adc?
After all its a very simple IR detection cicruit. You'll get a "low" from the TSOP's output as any obstacle is detected. You may directly feed that to the micro or amplify it using a transistor. From where the ADC came in between?

hi...
i am trying to build a ir tsop tx and receiver circuit..which should give me a change in the voltage when interrupted ..i am planning to use normal ir transmitter led and tsop receiver 1556.meaning 56 khz..this is obtained from 555 timer ...

doubt 1.)where should the the output 56 khz be connected to the ir led tx??????\
any schematic???????
doubt.2:) just in case the output 56 khz is connected to the ir transmitter..does the ir transmitter change?????\
how

doubt 3.)the output of tsop receiver

plz respond asap

thanx in advance

akshay

jakshay said:
hi...
i am trying to build a ir tsop tx and receiver circuit..which should give me a change in the voltage when interrupted ..i am planning to use normal ir transmitter led and tsop receiver 1556.meaning 56 khz..this is obtained from 555 timer ...

doubt 1.)where should the the output 56 khz be connected to the ir led tx??????\
any schematic???????
doubt.2:) just in case the output 56 khz is connected to the ir transmitter..does the ir transmitter change?????\
how
doubt 3.)the output of tsop receiver
plz respond asap
thanx in advance
akshay

Reading your doubts or quetions in the subject, i guess you need to study more in to it.
Cheers

hey..thanx for your response..
i have studied the tsop..now the problem is the output of the tsop receiver is high at all times around 5 v..its indifferent to the obstruction..
i have used a 38khz mdulator circuit from 555
heres the link www.electroons.com/.../2010/01/38Khzastable.jpg

now my problem is that the tsop 1738 data sheet says that about the bursts should be 10 cycles or longer
2.after each burst there should be a time gap of 14 cycles or so

can u throw more light on hw to generate this bursts an d the associated delay

thanx in advnce\

akshay

Disconnect the TSOP's output pin from wherever connected. Simply connect a LED's cathode to the output Pin of the TSOP and connect the anode to Vcc (assumed as 5volts) with 220E resisitor, and check with a generally used remote controller which should blink the led. If its working, you have some thing wrong on the TX side or on the Micro side of the RX part.
Cheers

@ pranam thanx a lot for u r earnest response...

i am still confused about generating the burst and the delay associated with it..

FOWLLOWING ARE THE SIGNAL CONDITIONS

The data signal should fullfill the following condition: · Carrier frequency should be close to center frequency of the bandpass (e.g. 38kHz). · Burst length should be 10 cycles/burst or longer. ·
After each burst which is between 10 cycles and 70 cycles a gap time of at least 14 cycles is neccessary. · For each burst which is longer than 1.8ms a corresponding gap time is necessary at some time in the data stream. This gap time should have at least same length as the burst. · Up to 1400 short bursts per second can be received continuously.

. Some examples for suitable data format are: NEC Code, Toshiba Micom Format, Sharp Code, RC5 Code, RC6 Code, R­2000 Code, Sony Format (SIRCS). When a disturbance signal is applied to the TSOP17.. it can still receive the data signal. However the sensitivity is reduced to that level that no unexpected pulses will occure. Some examples for such disturbance signals which are suppressed by the TSOP17.. are: · DC light (e.g. from tungsten bulb or sunlight) · Continuous signal at 38kHz or at any other frequency · Signals from fluorescent lamps with electronic ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.