Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TSMC tech RF_NMOS layout problem in LVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

amir88

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
TSMC tech RF_NMOS layout problem in LVS (conflicting connections stamping layer sub)

I have drawn a simple NMOS_RF as shown in schematic (I'm using TSMC 0.18 um process).

Schematic.png

The layout of the circuit is :

Layout.png

LVS results:

LVS1.png

Disc1.png

Disc2.png

When I check the LVS. I got the following error:

LVS report:
Conflicting connections STAMPing layer sub:2 by layer psub.

Nets: myB 7

What's the problem? How can I solve it?

Re: TSMC tech RF_NMOS layout problem in LVS (conflicting connections stamping layer s

When I check the LVS. I got the following error:

LVS report:

What's the problem? How can I solve it?

I guess you cannot name your bulk connection "myB" - because it is electrically connected to psub - as long as your NFET isn't in a p-bulk island within an isolating NWell.

Re: TSMC tech RF_NMOS layout problem in LVS (conflicting connections stamping layer s

I guess you cannot name your bulk connection "myB" - because it is electrically connected to psub - as long as your NFET isn't in a p-bulk island within an isolating NWell.

Thank you erikl for your comment.
I connected the bulk terminal to the source in both schematic and layout but the problem still exists.

I connected the bulk terminal to the source in both schematic and layout but the problem still exists.

So you have now a 3-terminal NFET in both schematic and layout? In this case it could be necessary to name the source psub - because it's still electrically connected to it.

So you have now a 3-terminal NFET in both schematic and layout? In this case it could be necessary to name the source psub - because it's still electrically connected to it.

yes, now I have a 3 terminal NFET. I renamed it to psub but the same error :(

Nets: psub 6

yes, now I have a 3 terminal NFET. I renamed it to psub but the same error :(

Conflicting connections STAMPing layer sub: ---------------- 2 by layer psub.

Nets: psub 6

Perhaps the right layer name is sub, not psub - I'm just guessing.

You should see the name of the layer in your LSW.

Try and find a clue at the above mentioned location.

Perhaps the right layer name is sub, not psub - I'm just guessing.

You should see the name of the layer in your LSW.

Try and find a clue at the above mentioned location.

I have psub and psub2 layer but no pin layer can be assigned to this layer. for M1(draw), Metal layer1, there is M1(pin) So I would miss one pin (in layout there is only 2 pins while in schematic there is 3). :(

I am not familiar with the process and it is hard to tell from the picture. Is the nmos inside a deep nwell? Also, did you highlight net 7?

LVS report:

I have psub and psub2 layer but no pin layer can be assigned to this layer. for M1(draw), Metal layer1, there is M1(pin) So I would miss one pin (in layout there is only 2 pins while in schematic there is 3). :(

Pin layer and pin name are different things: on M1 always use an M1 pin (i.e: M1 pin layer), but its name is arbitrary. I just guessed that its bulk(=source) name should read like sub or psub, because it's connected to it. But I'm not at all sure of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back