Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transceiver chip impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

disisku_22

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
will there be any changes in internal impedance or performance of RF transceiver chip if i use different stack up other than the reference design?. i am aware that different stack up will affects impedance of the RF traces/tracks but what about the transceiver chip alone?.

regards

As the term says, "internal impedance" is internal. Although it's not exactly constant over load variations, it should be approximately considered so.

The transceiver performance will be however affected by imperfect grounding and supply bypassing. The specified parameters are valid for a layout similar to the manfucaturers reference design.

thanks.. ok, if i maintain same the impedance what transceiver required by adjusting the RF trace Width and matching components, then i can choose different stackup?

Basically yes. My main concern would be about the distributed circuit elements modifying the matching network. If you are reproducing a reference design, a considerable change in effective substrate height (trace to ground plane) can matter a lot. Most likely, you would want to verify the matching and (possibly more critical) harmonic supression of your design in a measurement and adjust component values, if necessary. The most exact PA impedance determination is by load pulling anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back