Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tracking robot design RF based

Status
Not open for further replies.

issac newton

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to design a robot which can track a transmitter which produces rf signals in a given range of frequencies(example:- 400-900 MHz). i want to know the following details.

1. i have a design of wireless robot with A433MHz RF modules. i need to change the frequency of transmission without changing the main components like antenna(assume the tracking frequency is within the antenna' bandwidth).is it possible to design such transmitters and receivers in RF range. Then how to choose the antenna types for such designs if possible.

2. i plan to train it initially to a particular frequency in the given range which is supposed to be my training phase. then the robot should track my transmitter's change in frequencies within lock in range and should be used for finding the transmitter's location.i plan to have a buzzer which sounds when the bot reaches say within 1 meter radius of the transmitter.

3.please suggest me some key concepts and prerequisites for my extensive reading to implement this stuff.

4. suggest me the feasibility of this design like how far this is possible for implementation. if not what are the modifications needed.

thank you all.

i am trying to design a robot which can track a transmitter which produces rf signals in a given range of frequencies(example:- 400-900 MHz). i want to know the following details.

1. i have a design of wireless robot with A433MHz RF modules. i need to change the frequency of transmission without changing the main components like antenna(assume the tracking frequency is within the antenna' bandwidth).is it possible to design such transmitters and receivers in RF range. Then how to choose the antenna types for such designs if possible.

2. i plan to train it initially to a particular frequency in the given range which is supposed to be my training phase. then the robot should track my transmitter's change in frequencies within lock in range and should be used for finding the transmitter's location.i plan to have a buzzer which sounds when the bot reaches say within 1 meter radius of the transmitter.

3.please suggest me some key concepts and prerequisites for my extensive reading to implement this stuff.

4. suggest me the feasibility of this design like how far this is possible for implementation. if not what are the modifications needed.

thank you all.

Hello, Assuming that 433MHz Tx and Rx modules are designed using Crystal oscillators, and if the new frequency that you would like to change to does not vary largely, you can just replace the 433MHz crystals by desired MHz valued crystals. this must work, since i had tried it for an 27MHz module, replacing it with a 33MHz crystal.

Reg. the tracking part... you can go for signal strength level to track the Tx.

Using the 433 MHz band is unlicensed, so you cannot change the frequency deliberately. Other frequencies can only be used under a license.
I would suggest you to contact local radio amateur group whose members can advise. Or find one who uses radio-controlled airplane models.

Status
Not open for further replies.