Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

total number of Logical Expression (Boolean Algebra)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neeraj786

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to calculate total no. of Logical expression in Boolean algebra if no. of variable is n ?

Suppose there are two variable A,B ? then what will be the total no of Logical expression ?

How to calculate total no. of Logical expression in Boolean algebra if no. of variable is n ?

Suppose there are two variable A,B ? then what will be the total no of Logical expression ?

we couldn't calculate the logical expression according to the variables....we can calculate for logic gates and combinational circuits.

The number of logical expression is given by the formula 2^n.. It gives the maximum no. of logical expressions that can be obtained from the given variables...

for normal boolean variables....u couldn't use that logic...2^n logic.

yes prabakardeva is right we are not use logic 2^n for any normal Boolean variable and jayanth mentioned so many logic and recursive formula be used for more than one variable.

yes prabakardeva is right we are not use logic 2^n for any normal Boolean variable and jayanth mentioned so many logic and recursive formula be used for more than one variable.

yeah..i understand thats what i m saying....

Hi the question is not clear it may be the maximum number of elements in a logical expression, It is 2^n
as SOP any logic can be expressed as MUX logic like for A & B
A'B' + A'B + AB' + AB

I have defined the number of boolean expressions based on k-map... i.e., number of maximum possible combinations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back