Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TLK106 PHY circuit not working, but can initiate the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hozaifa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I did my first PCBA with Ethernet interface using TLK106 RMII, I followed all suggestion for schematic and layout except the serial termination resistors( I used 10 ohm instead of 33 ohm as suggested by the TI) between the PHY and MAC
, it can start well by initializing the PHY, I can write the PHY registers, but the loopback and ping tests didn't work, For ping test, I can see some ARB received in my laptop each time I ping, but I couldn't get the ICMP after it. For loopback, I (think) the MAC couldn't send out the frame correctly, so loopback also failed, The MAC original EVB is using KSZ8081MNXRNB PHY, so that makes a conflict that can make the MAC unable to send the frame out, or may be a clocking problem! (already changed to the correct PHY address and register values). apricate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.