Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

timing for high voltage discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbreslin951

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im designing a circuit for a coil gun but i have a problem. for the coil gun to work at its best the electrical discharge needs to end immediately when the projectile reaches the middle of the coil, if im not mistaken. i was thinking of using a lm555 to do this, but i would have to somehow separate it from the discharge circuit.. maybe a relay? but the problem is i need that relay to be closed right up until the projectile reaches the middle of the coil because of the way my design is so far. how can i accomplish all this? ill upload a schematic of my circuit so far later cuz im on my cell phone writing this.. thanks all!

Added after 5 hours 19 minutes:

coilgunsch.jpg

one question, would this work? what im attempting to do with the 555 is open the circuit connected to relay 2 so that it stops current flow in the circuit with coil1. my timing range is one millisecond to .1 second, about. are my r1,r2, and c2 calculations correct for this? also is my method of triggering the 555 correct? how about my output, is that wired up correctly? all advice is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back