Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

throughput of a system in Qaurtus

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanwel

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all;

How to calculate the throughput of a system after successful compile the vhdl code in quartus?
Anyone familiar with this situatuion? Need helps. Thank You.

see I actually called this as bit rate calcuation.....so way that I had did is speed of clock * no of channel to transfer data .... e.g. 100 Mhz clock and 8 chanel will give you 100 * 8 bit transfer per second so bit rate is 800 mega bit....if is single clock sample

may be helpful to you....

Good Luck

Hi milind.a.kulkarni,

Is it the speed of clock is the frequency of a system? And how to know the number of channel?
Thank You for reply

Without knowing what the design does, you will have no chance of calculating this. You can calculate this value from the source code (and you know the clock speed, that you usually set yourself). Quartus is not needed.

Hi TrickyDicky,

Sorry for ask a stupid question, how to set the clock speed? I didn't do it before this.
Thank for reply

Usually on your board, you have a specific crystal. The clock speeds would usually be set during the specification phase, depeneding on what your interface is and how much throughput you need.

In my case sampling clock was 100Mhz .....however it was as same as system clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back