Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Through hole plating

Status
Not open for further replies.

player80

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I went through some forum posts already, eg.

however I have also found some other sources on the internet, basically mentioning that they mixed waterproof colour with graphite for activating the area which should be plated.
I even think about just injecting graphite + waterproof colour with a needle into the small vias (I don't have so many in the breakout boards) and starting the plating process (however I'm at the beginning with learning about that process... and not sure if that will work)

Does anyone have some further experience with electro-plating in 2021?

I'm aware about the regular methods, put a wire through the hole and solder it or press some inserts into it (I have done that before already)

I'm milling some breakout boards and would like to have some proper holes through it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back