Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you make a Non Plated Through Hole for Mounting - Altium

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimreeper132

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the title asks how do you make a non plated through hole in altium?
What I am trying to do is have a hole in between two seperate planes which are set to two different net classes. The hole is a Non-Plated Through Hole, which is to have a standard to board edge clearance (Top Hole in the drawn example) however when I do this I do it using pad tool, disabling the plating and setting the copper to 0 mm, I get a very large clearance round the via, which I am assuming is the default clearance to standard signal value of the plane (Bottom Hole in the drawn example).

I am new to Altium, having previously primarly using Eagle, where I could get the top hole easily using the hole tool. Is there an easy way to do this in Altium which I am missing or do I need to manually set the net classes for each hole?
1646138093844.png

If you have any Questions about my usecase or need any clarifications just ask.

You asked ”how do you make a non-plated hole”, I answered that.

There is a default clearance defined in the rules. If you don't like that, then, again, right click on the hole, select properties. You can define pad size, hole size, soldermask clearance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back